Don’t forget! Tuesday’s meeting will be at the Film Factory, 1126 Richter St., across from Calona Wines. The meeting will start at 7PM. There will be mini workshops. Here’s the description from the Program Director:
Multiple workshops will be running concurrently in separate spaces, each running 30 minutes. You will be asked to remain at your chosen workshop until it is time to switch. Each member can attend 3 workshops. PARTICIPATION REQUIRED!
1) Print Transferring – by Lynda Miller. Learn how to transfer your images onto anything you want! … $5 materials fee for this workshop – everything will be provided.
2) Everything you always wanted to know about editing but were afraid to ask! – by Onno Kok
– bring your images on a memory stick, and ask your specific questions about editing in Photoshop Elements and Lightroom. For example: How do I use the Gradient Filter? How can I take the unwanted twig out of this image? How can I change the colour of this dress?
3) You be the judge! – lead by Laura Carbonneau. Are you interested in learning how to be a member judge at our Image Critique nights but too nervous to make the plunge? At this workshop, you will practice judging an image, with support from the other potential judges. You must bring three images on a memory stick (for someone else to judge) to participate in this workshop.
4) Shoot an awesome abstract! – leader TBA. Bring your camera and have some fun shooting oil and soap, creating cool abstract effects.
5) Show off! – by Joan Dolson. Learn how to create a slideshow of your awesome images (using Lightroom) to wow your family and friends.
• your camera
• 3 images on a stick for practice judging, and
• images on a stick for editing questions.
Please note – we will NOT be meeting at the EECO Center as we usually do for this event. Guests are welcome!