REMINDER – NO MEETING THIS WEEK!
Reminder – Meeting Thursday, October 10th
Evaluation Night will take place THURSDAY, October 10th due to a prior commitment at the Kanata Hotel and Conference Centre.
Location – Kanata Kelowna Hotel and Conference Centre, 2429 Hwy 97 N, Kelowna, BC V1X 4J2, Canada
Date & Time – Thursday, October 10th, 7 – 9 PM
New Meeting Location
Kanata Kelowna Hotel and Conference Centre, 2429 Hwy 97 N, Kelowna
Time: 7 – 9 PM
Introduction to “Basics and Beyond” Mentoring Initiative – Tom Fulton
Introduction to Image Evaluation – Tom Fulton
- There will be a short presentation about the process of image evaluation, judging and the experience of having your images critiqued.
Main Topic – Post Processing – Onno Kok
- A presentation and discussion of post processing focussing on whether everyone should post process and how much.
Submitting Images for Evaluation
- Image submission procedures will be reviewed. Learn how to format and email your images to COPS for our Image Evaluation nights. Don’t miss this as there have been changes!
- A panel discussion of travel photography considerations. (Gear, equipment security, backing up images, etc.). Bring any questions you may have.
Reminder: Submission Deadline is next week – Oct.1
Bring your camera and manual as there will be a 20 minute talk by former COPS president, Greg Dean, about camera basics. Then we will break out into groups to talk about settings and techniques, compare notes, and find answers to questions.
Also, there will be brief introductions to next month’s evaluation themes:
- COPS Monthly Challenge – Technology
- CAPA Competition – Nature/Wildlife
Reminder! Our season opener is Tuesday, September 10. We will have an introduction to the club and plans for this season, registration, and possibly slide shows. Avoid the line-ups. Fill in your Membership Application Form in advance.
- Time: 7 PM – 9 PM
- Location: EECO Centre located at 2363A Springfield Road, Kelowna, BC, V1X 7N7
Welcome back to a new and exiting year (2019-2020) at COPS, our first meeting is on September 10, 2019. We’ve listened to your suggestions and thanks to Tom Irish and Ray Putnam we have focused and interesting program ahead. Planned are: Speakers, Learning, Photo Review, Sharing, Teaching, Outings. As well, thanks to Tom, we are starting a mentorship program this year to help and encourage our newer members. All our efforts are focused on our mandate to Share Learn and Grow. Go to our website to learn more: http://copsphotography.org. I’m looking forward to seeing you in September.
This website is being updated for the 2019 – 2020 season and information may change over the coming weeks.
Have a great summer everyone! Meetings will commence again in September.
Some suggestions for your photography over the summer:
- Check ou the CAPA Canada competition page to see what competitions are coming up in the fall.
- Flowers are out, so it’s a good time to do flower photography for the Leslie Williams Floral Competition.
- Practice some of the great things we learned this year – Colour diet, light trails, portraits, creative images, smoke, macro, post processing in Lightroom, …
- Maybe a trip or a photography tour. This year we learned about the Cariboo-Chilcotin with Chris Harris, tours of Africa with SABLE as presented by Darrin Clark, Banff, Cape Breton and Japan with Brian Merry.
- Print and frame your work as described by OPUS.
Whatever you do, have a great summer!